Are you craving for creamy desserts, but you totally want to get rid of the dairy element in them? Well, you’re not alone as a lot of people look for this.
It’s not actually that difficult to make a dairy free dessert recipe once you find the right one. In this article we will see in detail how to make more dairy free desserts by following the below simple and easy steps.
The desserts chosen are chocolate spoons, which are totally dairy-free and made using Barlean’s Organic Oil, which are totally suitable for anyone with a dairy sensitivity.
Ingredients To Get Started (For Ten Spoons)
Let’s start off by listing down the ingredients you’ll need to complete the cooking process, make sure to get them prior to starting the process to avoid running errands amidst the cooking.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder.
- 4 tablespoons of Barlean’s coconut oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Splash of almond milk.
- Whipping cream.
- Cookie sheet pan, with a ledge.
This is all you will need throughout the process; lets jump to the actual recipe now.
- Start off by covering the cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and layout the spoons with their handles elevated on the edges, and start boiling some water.
- Add the coconut oil in a saucepan and melt it using appropriate heat.
- Follow this by adding the cocoa powder and mixed completely.
- If this feels dry, you can splash of almond milk, but it’s not necessary.
- Add about a half a cup of heavy whipping cream, sprinkles, and then start adding chocolate to the bowl.
- Start dipping the spoons into the bowl of chocolate to make them full of chocolate. Then put them back onto the cookie sheet to cool down and wait.
- You can add sprinkles or other decorations to the spoons while they are getting cooled down if you want to.
- However, don’t put any decorations before they are cooled down a little as they will immediately disappear if the chocolate is still hot.
- When the spoons are fully cooled, and the chocolate gets dried up fully, pack them up and boom! You’re done!
- Enjoy or send them off as gifts.
Tips For Making Dairy-Free Chocolate Spoons
While you already know the detailed steps for making chocolate spoons easily, there are a couple of tips that are worth knowing to get your cooking to a level of perfection.
If you’re making this dessert for a party where they need to be projected as “spoonfuls of sugar,” try to use sugar-crystal sprinkles instead of the wax-type sprinklers.
While you can also use a regular cookie sheet, always try to have a cookie sheet with the ledger on board, this gets the spoons’ handle the required elevation, which is necessary for proper shaping.
If you are looking for more dessert idea, look no further than the following article all about healthy dessert ideas.