Chickpeas are a common ingredient in Asian dishes and have great potential for providing nutrition and flavor. But not just any recipe will do. If you are looking to make a chickpea meal tonight, try this delicious curried roasted chickpea recipe. Check it out below!
Here is the perfect recipe for curried roasted chickpeas:
- 3 cups canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 spoon salt
- 1/8 spoon white pepper
- ¼ spoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, line up a butter paper or baking sheet with foil.
- Take out a can of chickpeas and drain them in a strainer, then rinse the chickpeas, take out any skins or unwanted material and transfer into a bowl.
- Take out a pan and place the dried chickpeas on it and drizzle some olive oil all over them. Make sure the oil is covered all over the chickpeas.
- Now is the time to add spices. You will start shaking the pan and add garam masala, salt, white powder, garlic powder and curry powder all over the chickpeas, then shake the pan.
- Place the chickpeas in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, toss, then continue heating for another 15 minutes.
- If you want your curried roasted chickpeas to be extra crispy and delicious, after turning the oven off leave the chickpeas in for another 15-20 minutes. This will give them an extra crunch.
- Now remove chickpeas from the oven and let them cool. Viola your curried roasted chickpeas are ready in Asian style.
- Store them in an airtight container.
- Serving: 1 cup
- Carbohydrates: 46 grams
- Calories: 361 Kcal
- Fats: 2 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Fiber: 13 grams
- Vitamin A: 45 IU
- Calcium: 2.1 mg
- Iron: 4.9 mg
- Potassium: 477 mg
- Sugar: 8 grams
Here it is. A delicious curried roasted chickpeas dish your family and friends will love. You can have these as a snack or even as a meal. This dish is very fulfilling and waist-friendly. You cannot go wrong with it. It can be enjoyed with a sauce or some good green salad. A great tip is to sprinkle some lime juice over it before eating as it will make it tastier. It is a light meal, though, and good for people who want to lose weight or maintain their proteins. You can definitely have it while dieting as it is a nutritious dish, full of vitamins and minerals as mentioned above.